Patients of Seaport Medical Centre may expect to be privately billed with an out of pocket expense of approximately $20 above Medicare rebate for concessional patients and approximately $40 for private patients on standard consults (Medicare will reimburse your bank account within 24 hours). A higher fee may apply for longer consultations. Your individual circumstances will determine when you will reach your Medicare threshold at which time your out of pocket expense will be less. Some patients may be bulk billed at the discretion of their individual doctor.
During Covid-19 some telehealth appointments will be available at your doctors discretion.
Private services such as pre-employment medicals, travel vaccine or recreational medicine do not attract a Medicare rebate.
When a doctor refers you for services outside the clinic such as specialist visits or tests (e.g. X-Ray) an out of pocket cost may be incurred.
Our staff will be happy to advise you or inquire on your behalf.
The fees at the Practice are set by the doctors and are reviewed. At present, our veterans are bulk billed under the DVA agreement. All consultations must be paid at the time of consultation.
The Practice sees itself as providing excellent health care to private patients who seek out the type of service that is provided at the Centre.
To assist in making an informed decision about their health care, patients must be informed of the cost of care provided by our practice.
Costs may include the following:
- Brief consultations will be bulk billed.
- Late or missed appointments for pre-employment Medicals will be charged as a No Show to the company as previously agreed.
- Service such as pre-employment, travel and recreational medicine will be privately charged and our staff can advise you on booking costings relevant to your requirements.
- Most doctors will not write prescriptions without having a consultation with their patient. If you have specific circumstances and your doctor agrees to phone orders there will be a charge.
- It is at the clinics discretion to alter fees as required. Patients will be given prior notice.